Admiralty and Insurance Law
Backed by its long experience in “Admiralty and Insurance Law”, our team has so far acted in various fields on behalf of Banks, Financial Leasing Companies and other Financial Institutions, Ship Owners, Charterers and Lessees, Agents, Brokers, Bunker and other Suppliers, Crew, P&I, Hull and Machinery and Cargo Insurers/Reassurance Companies, as well as Salvage Companies.
Basic services offered by our Law Office in “Admiralty and Insurance Law” field are as listed below:
- Preparation, drafting and negotiation of shipbuilding agreements and secondhand ship sale agreements, and guarantees and collaterals in connection therewith, management of the process until delivery of ship and attendance at the ship delivery.
- Registration and deletion of ships in Turkey and abroad.
- Registration and deletion of mortgage and lien on ships in Turkey and abroad.
- Preparation of affreightment contracts, Charter Parties and bills of lading, and giving counseling and advice services on contents and clauses thereof, and resolution of disputes arising out of them.
- Management of relations and resolution of disputes with Port Authorities and Customs Directorates.
- Management of agency services and resolution of disputes pertaining thereto.
- Giving counseling and advice services in case of collision or salvage, and declaration of general and particular average, and management of the whole process.
- Resolution of disputes with P&I, Hull and Machinery, Cargo and other Insurers.
- Resolution of disputes between ship owners and finance institutions.
- Arresting ships in Turkey and abroad.
Giving legal counseling and advice services to insurance firms, agencies and brokers on Insurance Law and legislative instruments and other issues pertaining thereto.